Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Surprise Party for Will!

Yesterday, I threw Will a surprise birthday party. He hasn't had a party in a looooong time - so I figured, "what the heck, let's throw him a party". I kept it to only family and his best friend, JT (which in turn turned out to be over 20 people).

Luckily, JT and I had this planned out over a month ago. JT took him golfing early in the morning, so that I could go to the grocery store and get everything prepared. Anyone ever been to the grocery store at 7am on a Saturday morning? There isn't a sole there... it was SO nice - and I was so glad that I ordered those Togo's sandwich platters, because the deli wasn't even open yet (and I'm sure Will would have caught on if he saw 5 pounds of meat and 5 pounds of cheese in our fridge)! Anyways, I got all of my grocery shopping done and immediately came home to start cooking. Everything seemed to go on time though... thanks to my in-laws who showed up an hour early to help me set-up the tables and prepare some food!

Also, thank you SO MUCH to everyone who kept it a secret! I hope you enjoyed seeing our house and celebrating with the birthday boy. Happy 26th again, Will! :)

I've posted a few pictures from the party... since I know that everyone loves to see pictures! :)

Will taking a break during "present opening time" to smile for the camera.

The main lunch dishes: green salad (courtesy of John & Joanne), Togo's sandwiches, a fresh fruit salad, Springtime Primavera (courtesy of Dole & Lani) and Potato-Macaroni Salad.

Jon & Erica (Will's cousin & girlfriend) - they ROCK. Thanks for bringing the appetizer cheese platter!

JT, Jen & Avery - Thanks so much for all of your help and dealing with my one million emails about the surprise! :) Isn't Avery just the cutest little girl you have ever seen? She's awesome - and didn't even cry once while at the party!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment