
Yesterday was Will's 26th birthday. It's during these three months that we are actually the same age... so I like this time of year :) As most of you know, I am 9 months older than Will... and as people say, I did rob the cradle, hahaha! All I have to say it was really weird going to the "Husband" area for birthday cards. That was definitely a first! When I was younger I always wanted to buy a card from that area... and now I can - it's amazing how time flies by!
Anyways, I made a homemade dinner for Will. This is what he requested for his birthday. We had a nice evening filled with yummy food. The meal consisted of:
We haven't been doing much for these "special events" since we just purchased our first home - but I did manage to get him a new Nike golf polo and a Panda Express gift card! I think it's not about how many gifts you get anymore, but how much love is put into them. Having a nice dinner at home was kind of nice for a change. I'm sure most of you would agree... now that we are getting older.
Side note: A while back, I had received a wonderful cookbook from one of my family friends in Hawaii. I LOVE getting cookbooks from them - because I LOVE the food out there. This one cookbook in particular is awesome, "What Hawaii Likes to Eat". I have prepared several dishes out of it... and really think it's a staple in our Kitchen. I have posted the recipes that I have used so far on a recipe blog that I have with my friend, Lilani. Check them out!
mmm...chicken katsu...
ReplyDeleteWhat a great wife! :D Will is so lucky!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry I robbed the craddle too. Jeff turned 26 yesterday. We get 2.5 months of being the same age.
ReplyDeleteSO cute. You are amazing!
ReplyDelete