On Friday, my Mom, Will and I went to visit our wedding venue, Coyote Hills Golf Course, to purchase some golf polos that Will wanted to get. After that, we went to pick up a mini version of our wedding cake from our cake vendor, Beverly's Best. This bakery is FABULOUS. They were the ones that made all of our wedding cookies as well as our wedding cake. My parent's got us a mini anniversary cake while we were down there. They got us a chocolate cake with ganache and raspberry filling. It was SO good. Thanks again, Dad & Mom! Here is a picture of the cake below:
We picked up some pastrami sandwiches and chili cheese fries from The Hat before heading home. We ate, and then my Mom and I went to Ann Taylor Loft at the Tustin Marketplace. Will and my Dad stayed behind to watch Fast and the Furious. On Friday night, we celebrated Will's birthday at Knotts Berry Farm for their chicken dinner. I don't ever remember going there when I was younger - and since fried chicken is one of Will's favorite foods (can you tell a part of him is from Texas?), my parent's couldn't wait to take him. He loved the dinner, and we were all stuffed beyond belief. Later on that evening, we went to hang out with Jeff, Karissa and Caleb in Upland. They were nice enough to keep Caleb awake so that we could play with him. He was born on our wedding day - and so he's truly special to us :) We can't wait to see him next time, and are sad to miss his 1st birthday party! Happy almost 1st birthday, Caleb. It's a bummer that we forgot our camera while visiting him. He's so big now and he's starting to talk! It's so exciting! Thanks again for having us over Jeff & Karissa. It's always a pleasure seeing you two!
On Saturday morning, we headed to South Pasadena to have brunch with Lans. We went to a restaurant named Firefly. It was AMAZING. The food was great - and reminded us of a resaturant in Seattle that we went to. Too bad they weren't serving their famous doughnuts. Next time though! It was great to see you, Lans. Thanks again for meeting us halfway and letting us change into our "wedding attire" at your parent's house. Here is a picture of us:
On Saturday afternoon, we headed to Brian & Erica's wedding in LA. Erica is a good friend of mine from our college sorority. She attended Cal State Long Beach and is currently a teacher. We managed to keep in touch througout these past years through AIM, email and now gchat. Their wedding ceremony was at St. Vincent de Paul near USC. This church was absolutely stunning. It reminded me of the churches in Europe. Their wedding reception was held at the LAX Hilton. They did an amazing job with the decorations, flowers, lighting and ballroom in general. They had over 400 people - I couldn't imagine! We only took Will's "expensive" camera - and as you can tell, I don't really know how to use it yet... so I was bummed that I didn't have my simple Canon. Here are a few pictures that I took from their wedding:
Finally on Sunday my Mom and I made a quick run to her store at The Block before heading to the airport. I didn't get too much stuff this time around, but did manage to get another jacket! :) Will can't complain though, the clothes are free!
Thanks again to my parent's for having us over another weekend. Hopefully the next time we go back to OC - we can spend some more time down there! It's always nice to see some local family and friends.
Frozen yogurt connoisseurs?? =) Does Bali's make the cut?
ReplyDelete