Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Our 1st Anniversary!


On Sunday, Will and I celebrated our one year anniversary (aka: white paper anniversary). We kept it pretty low key since we just purchased our house in June. We worked on our house for the entire day and went and had a nice dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Fleming's. We still had our gift card from Brian & Erica since our wedding (thanks again!) - so we figured this would be a great time to use it.

The service is great! They always make you feel like you're their number one priority! Since they knew it was our anniversary (Will told them while making the reservations), we got a box of truffles for free as well as a our picture framed in a Fleming's picture frame. :) We haven't eaten them yet, but will enjoy them later on this week, I'm sure.

It's been such a wondeful year and I wouldn't have asked for any changes. It's amazing how quickly time passes by. Since our wedding, we have been pretty much busy every weekend. From our awesome honeymoon in Kauai, The Big Island and Oahu, traveling to San Jose to visit the in-laws, Kearn's wedding, Elk Grove to visit my grandparent's, family holidays and parties, getting to really know our old next door neighbors (Jordan, Nina and Macy), baby Avery Ella being born, meeting our most wonderful real estate agent Jen and her family, making 7 offers on different homes just to find the one we live in now (this was over a period of 5 months), Gwen's graduation from UCSC, my brother owning his own business, spending Father's Day in OC for the first time since high school, attending A's games, attending 3 weddings as "Mr. & Mrs. Spencer"... and the list goes on.

We can't wait for what is to come this next year. And yes, we know you are all hoping and wishing for a baby... we shall see! ;) As Will states, this won't happen till 2040!!! hahaha
I will leave you with one of our favorite photos together from our most wonderful photographer, Deb!

.: August 16, 2008 :.
photo by Deborah Tracey Photography
(And yes, that's my Dad and I on her front page!)

And a couple of funny YouTube links from our wedding Bouquet Toss and Bob dancing (my Dad's good friend from Vegas).

3 comments:

  1. Number one comment this past weekend at my 10-year reunion..."when are you guys having kids?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh Janyce and Will!!!! I had planned on leaving a comment on your blog all day and I've been traveling all day without proper internet!! Then I finally get to my computer (now!) and you have left "me" a comment, before I could leave you one!!!!! lol !!!!!!
    Soooooooooooooooooo HAPPY FIRST YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO THE SWEETEST COUPLE EVER!!! (and I got it in with a half an hour to spare!!!) I know it's been a very exciting year for you both and, yes, I'm sure everyone wants a little Spencer more than ever, but all in time -- first enjoy that new home and then everything else will follow!!! Enjoy each other!!! You are such a special couple and I'm glad you are in my life! God Bless you both! deb :)

    ReplyDelete