Mother-Daughter NYC Trip: 9/26/09 through 10/02/09
As most of you know, my Mom and I headed to NYC for our yearly Mother-Daughter trip. This was our 3rd year going, and it was an amazing trip as always. But since this is a blog about Will and me, I won’t go into much detail. We did however see six shows (The Marvelous Wonderettes, Next to Normal, 39 Steps, Billy Elliot, Westside Story, and Hair) one Food Network Tour, and did tons of shopping and eating! We are already beginning to plan our trip next year and are hoping that Deb & Brynn can come with us!!! :) You can view our pictures from our trip here.
Jonathan & Yuki’s Pigstravaganza: 10/03/09
To celebrate the marriage of a friend of mine, they threw a non-traditional type of wedding reception. About a month earlier they married in Kauai in a very intimate ceremony. Therefore, in order to celebrate with all of their friends and family, they roasted a 92 pound pig to feast on. There was tons of food and drinks, too! Will and I couldn’t make it to the actual time of the party, but we were able to go early to help them set-up. It was pretty neat to see how this all came together. I have to give them mad props for the design of the roaster. There is nothing better than seeing sketch-up plans for this roaster. Totally cracks me up – we aren’t nerds or anything! Congrats again, Jonathan & Yuki! It was a pleasure finally meeting you, Yuki! :) Here are some of the pictures below:
A’s vs. Angels: 10/03/09
Will and I had purchased tickets to some baseball games a while back, so that is why we had to cut our time short at the Pigstravaganza. We headed to the game, even though the A’s didn’t stand a chance in the playoffs. It’s always nice to watch a game at the stadium though! We even managed to get some free Topps baseball cards that day… pretty awesome! I remember my brother collecting cards when we were really little – boy have times changed, the cards are so nice now!!! Never the less, the A’s ended up losing the game… there’s always next year though, right?
Will and I had purchased tickets to some baseball games a while back, so that is why we had to cut our time short at the Pigstravaganza. We headed to the game, even though the A’s didn’t stand a chance in the playoffs. It’s always nice to watch a game at the stadium though! We even managed to get some free Topps baseball cards that day… pretty awesome! I remember my brother collecting cards when we were really little – boy have times changed, the cards are so nice now!!! Never the less, the A’s ended up losing the game… there’s always next year though, right?
SF Oktoberfest: 10/04/09
We headed to Oktoberfest with our old neighbors, Jordan, Nina and Macy. We traveled there by Bart and then took the Metro to the event. It was quite an adventure trying to get exact change to pay for our Metro ride. None of us knew that it is $2 each way, but that you had to have it in exact change! After 20 minutes of getting quarters, we were finally on our way. It was both of our first times to this event. We seemed to have gotten there before everyone woke up, but was able to find some lunch (sausages & sauerkraut) and dessert pretty quickly! There was free entertainment with tons of music and dancing. Later on that afternoon, we met Lani and Tony there. It’s always great to see them both… even though it was just for about 15 minutes! Here are a few pictures from the event:
We headed to Oktoberfest with our old neighbors, Jordan, Nina and Macy. We traveled there by Bart and then took the Metro to the event. It was quite an adventure trying to get exact change to pay for our Metro ride. None of us knew that it is $2 each way, but that you had to have it in exact change! After 20 minutes of getting quarters, we were finally on our way. It was both of our first times to this event. We seemed to have gotten there before everyone woke up, but was able to find some lunch (sausages & sauerkraut) and dessert pretty quickly! There was free entertainment with tons of music and dancing. Later on that afternoon, we met Lani and Tony there. It’s always great to see them both… even though it was just for about 15 minutes! Here are a few pictures from the event:
Texas Bound: 10/11/09 through 10/14/09
A few weeks ago Will’s grandma passed away. It was really hard for the both of us since we hadn’t been back in a while. In fact, I have only been to Texas once in 2005. Will and we’re hoping to make a trip out there before the end of the year, but kept putting it off. So in all we tried to make the best of it. Will, Gwen and I were the last ones Texas bound with American Airlines Priority Access (thanks Aunt Mary!) – had the wonderful opportunity to stay at his Papa’s next door neighbors’ house. His home is beautiful and we were really able to bond while we were there. In the short amount of time that we spent out there, we were able to hang out with our Papa for quite some time. It’s always hard saying goodbye, but we are going to try to get out there again soon. I unfortunately don’t have too many pictures from our visit, but did manage to get one with our new Texan hats from one of the caregivers (thanks Terri!):
A few weeks ago Will’s grandma passed away. It was really hard for the both of us since we hadn’t been back in a while. In fact, I have only been to Texas once in 2005. Will and we’re hoping to make a trip out there before the end of the year, but kept putting it off. So in all we tried to make the best of it. Will, Gwen and I were the last ones Texas bound with American Airlines Priority Access (thanks Aunt Mary!) – had the wonderful opportunity to stay at his Papa’s next door neighbors’ house. His home is beautiful and we were really able to bond while we were there. In the short amount of time that we spent out there, we were able to hang out with our Papa for quite some time. It’s always hard saying goodbye, but we are going to try to get out there again soon. I unfortunately don’t have too many pictures from our visit, but did manage to get one with our new Texan hats from one of the caregivers (thanks Terri!):
Dinner with Cano & Cheyenne: 10/24/09
Last night we had the opportunity to finally have dinner with Cano and Cheyenne (it's been 6 months!). We went to the famous San Francisco Creamery Co. in Walnut Creek that was on Man vs. Food. Once people find out where we exactly live, they always want to eat here - and no we didn't attempt a "Kitchen Sink". We all however thought we could finish a dessert each... check out the size of Cano's "Hot Fudge Banana Sundae" and our "Really Big! Banana Split". Anyone else want to come visit and go out to dinner here? By the way, the food isn't too bad either! It was great seeing you two again... let's get together before another 6 months go by!
Cano's "Hot Fudge Banana Sundae" - we warned you!!! He didn't even get past the first scoop of ice cream!
That dessert looks insane...one each??!
ReplyDeleteJanyce!!! I can't believe how busy you have been and I just LOVE reading all through these posts!! and!! Brynnie and I are mentioned and linked!! yeah!! I discovered, through this, that she actually posted her potato/zuchinni pizza recipe!! She's so funny!! I gave her my bread machine and she's going crazy! Your pics look really good too and really tell the stories! I love how you love life and love to have fun and be involved with your friends and family. I really want to see your house someday and I am totally up for NYC. We have to talk dates and Brynn needs to see her college master calendar, in 2010, for the fall - so we can set it :) love, deb
ReplyDelete