Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Our Housewarming Party!

On August 29th, Will and I threw a housewarming party. To say the least, here are the three necessary parts to a successful "Will and Janyce" party:

1. Friends & Family!
Thanks again to everyone who came out. We hope you had a wonderful time! It was great to see you all again! And for those of you who missed out, you are more than welcome to visit anytime!

2. Food & Drinks!
Cheese & cracker platter, rainbow jello, Chinese chicken salad, Hawaiian chili, rice, vegetables & dip, homemade guacamole and chips, potato-macaroni salad, fresh fruit salad, Curious George fruit snacks (for the kids and Cano), linguica, hamburgers and hot dogs, ambrosia, water, soda, beer and margaritas (thanks again, Jordan & Nina)!

3. Desserts!
All homemade: 2 strawberry cheesecakes, 2 blueberry cheesecakes, 2 raspberry cheesecakes, chocolate chip cookies, white chocolate coconut cranberry cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, and lemon bars!

Oh yeah, we can't forget about the 106 degree weather - keeping all of our guests bundled up in our living room and kitchen. It was crowded to say the least! And poor Will was BBQing all of the food outside! Good thing the beer was ice cold :)

Below are some random pictures that my Mom and Carol took:




The partial table of food... check out the plates I got for the kids!!! :) And of course, I had to get Hawaiian napkins and plates!

My Mom and I - thanks so much for coming up to help me prepare for the party and hang out! It's always good times - and this time we got you to the airport with 30 minutes to spare! hahaha (photo courtesy of Carol)

Will and I before all 43 people arrived (photo courtesy of Carol)



The amazing chocolate chip cookies and lemon bars (photo courtesy of Carol)


Hawaiian Chili made by my Mom (photo courtesy of Carol)



Jay's wife, Maria, and their two daughters!

Macy and Uncle Wheeeeel!!! :)

Jordan, Nina, Roy, Natalie and Meris - always a good time with this group!

Eddie, Penny and Libby - family on my Dad's side


Meet my Grandpa (Mom's side) - can you believe he is 91 years old?


Us with Jason & Carol - thanks so much for coming out and taking tons of photos for us!!! We will get together soon... I promise!

I've known this girl for over 15 years... it was great to see you again, Kierra!

Panda Papa & Mama - check out all the food they took home... almost a whole cheesecake, cookies and chili!

Cano & Cheyenne - I couldn't resist the "super asian" face!!!! Cano is the only guy I know that asks for a bag of ice to go to make sure his leftovers don't spoil! Check out the to-go bag of oatmeal raisin cookies!

Picture with the in-laws! I think John (Will's Dad) really liked the jello! ;)

Kenny & Terry - always a pleasure seeing you two. Thanks for EVERYTHING - from cleaning our yard, power washing the deck and front porch and dinner on Friday night!

Aldo & Maribel - great to see you two! Thanks for spending so much time with us... we always have the AC on! :)

Miss Yvonne - thanks for sharing the great *news*! It was so great to see you again! We have to do breakfast again soon!

The Stojanovich's - we still have yet to get a picture together! At least this one came out great! Thanks again for stopping by... we can't wait for our next sushi night! Next time we see you Nico will probably be walking!!! I can't believe it - he's such a cutie!

Meris & Nina - Can't wait to hang out again!

The Kearn's - isn't Avery adorable? (photo courtesy of Carol)

4 comments:

  1. that made me 1) hungry and 2) sad that i couldn't be there. it also made me HAPPY though! you have a beautiful home, great friends, a bomb husband & mad skills in the cucina. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having us, Janyce! Everything was DIVINE and your house is beautiful! Did the Stojanovich's like their photos??

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh!! "super Asian face?" that's hysterical! I would have paid to see that!! Carol takes wonderful pictures - esp. the food ones! (salivating here!) I wish I could have been there! You bring John and I back to this time in our life and we are just so proud of you guys and happy for you :) Great to see you and mom's faces and your grandpa looks so hugable. awwwwwwwwe!!! I love him!!! Congrats on your new home! Love your new address card too :) thank you!! love, deb

    ReplyDelete