This past weekend we still managed to get some work done on our house - even though my Mom was in town. I know, you must be thinking we are crazy... but Will and I sure love to keep busy! I think our next free weekend is at the beginning of September. Gotta love family events and hanging out with our friends!
On Sunday, we went to Lamps Plus with my Mom. It was their last day of their Summer sale, so we went to "browse". Will and I had our eyes on a bathroom fixture we saw online, but it turns out it wasn’t bright enough. Of course, walking around – we were able to find something else. Since moving into our house, we have been looking for new bathroom light fixtures for the Master Bathroom and Hallway Bathroom. Surprisingly, we were able to find fixtures for both bathrooms. Yesterday after dropping off my Mom at the airport, we installed our Master Bathroom fixture. We plan on mounting the Hallway Bathroom fixture after we paint it. There is no sense in getting our new fixture dirty!
Below are some pictures of our new light fixture in our Master Bathroom. Since I have gotten a lot of wonderful feedback about the "before and after" pictures, I will continue to blog this way! Check it out below:
On Sunday, we went to Lamps Plus with my Mom. It was their last day of their Summer sale, so we went to "browse". Will and I had our eyes on a bathroom fixture we saw online, but it turns out it wasn’t bright enough. Of course, walking around – we were able to find something else. Since moving into our house, we have been looking for new bathroom light fixtures for the Master Bathroom and Hallway Bathroom. Surprisingly, we were able to find fixtures for both bathrooms. Yesterday after dropping off my Mom at the airport, we installed our Master Bathroom fixture. We plan on mounting the Hallway Bathroom fixture after we paint it. There is no sense in getting our new fixture dirty!
Below are some pictures of our new light fixture in our Master Bathroom. Since I have gotten a lot of wonderful feedback about the "before and after" pictures, I will continue to blog this way! Check it out below:
Master Bathroom After - Check out our new paint color along with the removal of the lace curtains and swag lamps!Today we had our Kitchen ceiling finished. I am SO happy with the way it looks. I think it completes our Kitchen. Now we just have to find a matching ceiling color with the rest of the house. Once that's done - we can finally paint the walls in our Kitchen, Dining and Living room. Check out the finished ceiling below:

Also, I would like to end this blog post of a picture of our cat, Buddy. It's so hard to do housework with him. As you can see below... he loves to get into everything! We love him for this - at least he keeps us company at all times. And you can't really tell... but this is the box for our Master Bathroom light fixture. When he came out, he was covered in styrofoam all over his nose, ears, tail and body! It was so cute... I tried to get a picture of him after coming out of the box, but he was too quick to move!

Buddy in the light fixture box

yeah, before/after pics rock...great job!
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love the new bathroom light! And it looks like Buddy's making himself at home too :o)
ReplyDeleteLove the new modern look! The paint and lights rock! Now I'm imagining a nice new mirror there! Don't we wish we had all the money in the world to remodel? Haha if only!
ReplyDeleteOMGosh! Janyce! you've blogged a ton, since I last checked!! You crack me up so much!! The garlic festival? that's so funny and I love all the pictures, except I don't think I could have even been brave enough to do the ice-cream!! lol! and I just loved Miss Gwen's party pics (congrats to her) and this post is my favorite with the before and after pics of your household improvements! wow! I'm soooooo impressed and LOVE your fixture in the bathroom. That's so funny about your mom loving the original lights and keeping them in the closet for her!! Us mom's are funny and I guess I'm becoming more funny to my kids everyday (not sure that's a good thing!! :) -- but my fave is of Buddy in the box! OMG! too cute. I LOVE cats!! Our fat girl, "MaMa" refuses to let us read the paper or fold socks and we have lots of pics, of her, on those items! They just lend humour to our lives everyday!!! love to both of you and Buddy! deb
ReplyDelete