Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Reunited and it feels so good!

This past weekend one of my old roommate’s from college, Stacey, came into town to stay with us. We had a ton of things planned for the weekend – making the best of what time we had together.

On Saturday we went out to lunch with our other roommate from college, Maribel. She came up from Fremont to hang out with us in downtown Walnut Creek. We had a wonderful lunch at Tomatina (a great restaurant, if you ever get a chance to go!) and did a little bit of shopping (or Stacey did at least). It was nice to just hang out with the ladies and catch up. It had definitely been a while since just the three of us had hung out! We will have to do it more often. Once a year isn’t enough…

On Saturday evening, we went to the A’s vs. Diamondback’s game. Melissa drove up from San Jose to join us. We headed to the game for Garc’Parra (aka: Stacey’s husband, Garciaparra), some good greasy ballpark food (yum!), drinks, and fireworks! It's too bad that the A’s lost in extra innings – but we all won free personal size pizzas from Round Table for all of the home runs hit. We we’re so close to the free 2-liter Pepsi from Lucky’s! :) It was fireworks night, which I had never been to. They let all of the guests out on the field to watch the fireworks. I had never seen more perfect cut grass. It was impressive. We sat right near first base. The fireworks show was awesome! I recorded all 20 minutes of it!



On Sunday we took Bart into San Francisco (SF) and headed to the California Academy of Sciences. The line was around 3 hours just to get in. I felt like I was at Disneyland! Good thing I purchased a membership so that we could go through the “members only” line! It was packed… but none-the-less an awesome building to see in person. The pictures don’t do justice. The live roof and rainforest were my favorite. They have the 7 hills of SF on the live roof structure (top picture below). Inside of another dome inside of the structure is a live rainforest (bottom picture below). It felt like Hawaii inside of there – it was so muggy. They had butterflies flying around and in fact, one landed on Stacey’s shoulder. We couldn’t believe it! Overall, I think it’s definitely a place to visit if you are ever in SF.



On Monday we all slept in, and Will made us brunch. It was nice to hang out in our pj’s eating pancakes and just catching up at the dining table. This is what made me miss college – just being able to hang out with friends, anytime. After brunch, we all got ready – and we dropped Stacey off at the airport.

None-the-less, I had a great weekend. It was good to see the girls!!! Of course, now I’m feeling kind of under the weather. I think I need a week to recover… I know, I’m getting old. Thanks again ladies for hanging out! :)

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh, I LOVE baseball and junk food! It's been too long! and...... I'm sooooooo envious of your trip into S.F., to the Ca. Academy of Sciences!! We were in S.F., last Aug., as they were completing it!! ugh!! We stood there in awe, wondering what the roof would be like! I'm sooo glad you had fun with your friends and maybe Will could teach John how to make brunch for lots of girls!!! Wow!!! he deserves a big hand!!!! ox deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will! When are you going to make me pancakes!!! I'm starving over here, my stomach is beginning to cave! Ahahaha, no that sounds fun! Let's go to a baseball game together soon, and eat HOT DOGS!

    ReplyDelete