Monday, May 18, 2009

An Attempt to Golf...

For my birthday last year, Will got me a set of golf clubs. At first, I wasn't very excited. But now that we have been taking golf lessons every Tuesday evenings, I am actually learning the professional way to play. I think it's a really interesting sport. I love the physics in it - in fact, it makes me excited. We all know I'm a nerd at heart!

So on Saturday morning we decided to play 9 holes at Diablo Hills Golf Course... good thing it was only 9 holes because when we ended the course it was over 90 degrees out! No wonder why we didn't see many other people playing!
The first picture above is me at Hole #6. I still tried to maintain my correct form and posture. I think it's almost time for me to get some golf shoes - those New Balances aren't cut out for a game of golf. I slid around everywhere!
The second picture above is Will at Hole #8. They had a stair structure (not that stable) to climb up to look-out for other golfers. This hole is 489 yards... believe me, I think it took me 12 shots to get it there... no joke. I guess that's what I get for being a beginner.
Overall, Will and I had a great time golfing. We hope that our lives will slow down a little bit more once we have a house, so that we can play golf more often!

3 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to take Michelle out to the range so she can start learning...just not enough time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, I love to golf :) We'll have to go out to the driving range when I get back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are too cute!! I just wish that John's attempt to take Ian golfing (a few years ago) didn't end up with him throwing his club, and eventually walking away from it!!! argh!!! He's a bit intense when it comes to mastering things quickly!!! Good for you guys to take lessons and learn the professional way!!! My two def. needed lessons!! love, deb

    ReplyDelete