There were tons of firsts for us this Easter...
- We celebrated Easter by hosting the family ‘linner’ (lunch + dinner) at our house for the first time!
- We hid 76 eggs in our house since it was raining outside. Joanne, my mother-in-law, ended up taking the winning prize home!
- We also decided to use our China from our wedding for the first time. Even better yet is that our China is dishwasher safe (big yay when doing dishes!).
It was wonderful having everyone over at our house, but I have to say it was definitely hard work. Will and I spent all Saturday and Sunday preparing for the event. I made beef brisket, potatoes, carrots, fruit salsa with cinnamon chips and Dole’s yogurt parfaits (thanks L for the recipe!). I assume everyone loved the food since for the first time ever there was a moment of silence during the meal!
As you notice in all of my previous posts I love to take pictures of food! So with that said... here are a few pictures I managed to take during the event:
That salsa looks ridiculously good...and healthy too? SOLD
ReplyDeleteDelicious! I'm so hungry. You and Will are excellent hosts!!!
ReplyDeleteCan't take credit for the kitchen - it's my mom's :P We were over there for Easter dinner. Speaking of food, your blog made me grab lunch early! hehe. Mmmmm. Nice update :)
ReplyDelete