If you haven't already heard, Will and I have been in escrow as of Saturday, May 9th. Our house hunting has definitely not been the typical one. Not only has it been really tiring both physically and emotionally (we have been looking since January), we have also learned a ton about purchasing a first home. We owe it all to our wonderful and amazing realtor, Jennifer. She has definitely been a lifesaver - and I would recommend her to anyone trying to purchase their first home or selling another home! This specific home was our 7th offer we have made in the Concord/Pleasant Hill/Walnut Creek area. Jennifer kept on telling us, "If it's meant to be, it will happen." And it did!
I wanted to give you some history about this property. The seller (who we believe is the original owner) is an older lady who is very ill and now lives with her son. We have been told that the house has been vacant for the past 2 years... hence the dead front and back yards. All of the utilites have been turned off for over a year - therefore, an engineer (not someone like the both of us) is required to do some analysis on the water pipes before turning the water back on. Also, keep in mind that all of the seller's stuff is stored in almost every nook and cranny of the property.
The house is located on a cul-de-sac in Concord in a community called "Dana Farms". It is a 1600 square foot one-story ranch style home. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2-car garage, Kitchen, Family Room, Mud Room, Dining Room and Formal Living Room. The house is covered with carpet in the rooms, linoleum in the Kitchen and bathrooms, cedar wood floors in the closets, and tile in the front entryway. It is located on a 10,000 square foot lot - making the backyard huge!
This afternoon I finally was able to get some photos of the house. I will try to post them tomorrow, as soon as I can figure out how to! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment